Despite being a significant portion of office expenses, printing costs are often overlooked in profit and loss reviews. An alarming percentage of business leaders and managers are unaware of how much printing costs genuinely affect their bottom line.
To address this issue, managed print services (MPS) providers like Green Office Partner work to provide a clear picture of immediate problem areas that will help businesses increase productivity and revenues.
In this article, we’ll review how a quality MPS assessment can help you get your business’ budget under control.
The Hidden Costs of Printing
There are several costs associated with print infrastructures that do not usually appear when businesses analyze profits and losses.
Once these costs are addressed, with the help of a quality MPS vendor, your business can learn how to better manage and optimize your fleet.
To give an example, some expenses that can arise from an assessment are:
- The costs of printer supplies and other consumables, some of which may just be collecting dust in a cabinet.
- The time and manpower required to manage and liaise with different vendors and suppliers
- The time it takes to schedule numerous processes of supplies and services
- IT teams pulled to maintain printers instead of doing more strategic initiatives.
- Maintenance and repair costs of each piece of equipment, especially for devices when not fully utilized.
The Print Assessment
Green Office Partner conducts professional print assessments with powerful tools that allow you to break down your usage and utilization per device, brand or model, and cost per page.
The assessment process will identify areas that will benefit from improvement and reveal ways to increase efficiency, reduce print costs, and streamline document workflow.
A competent MPS vendor will perform a thorough assessment to uncover all the hidden costs that are slowly eating up those margins. Some of the critical components that come along with a print assessment are the following:
- Print Fleet Inventory: The managed print services provider must understand the current infrastructure to accurately map and position equipment to increase workflow and streamline processes.
- Analyze Device Data: Data is collected to identify usage patterns for different equipment and uncover actual usage to pinpoint utilization levels for each device.
- Cost of Device Ownership: There are direct and indirect costs involved that will be identified to compare against usage/utilization, capacity, cost of maintenance, supplies, and service.
- Workflow Evaluation and Optimization: Proper placement of printers and mapping out their usage patterns will show how information flows throughout an organization and discover inefficiencies and bottlenecks.
- Environmental impact: Reducing carbon footprint will be a tangential result as an office streamlines process and better manages paper usage, excess and waste
Taking Back Control of Your Budget
With professional print management, company leaders and managers can focus on strategic business growth and dealings and enjoy seeing increased productivity from teams while they will deal with your printer fleet and paper usage.
Through these processes, Green Office Partner’s effective print assessments will be able to transform your business entirely.
If you want to learn more about how Green Office Partner can help you transform your document workflow to save time and money, contact us below.